1) Create a new project via seam-gen.
2) Run ./seam new-entity and create a Foo entity (this gives you some CRUD screens)
2) Edit pages.xml and set attribute login-required="true" for the <page view-id="*"> node.
3) Deploy the project and start the appserver.
4) Access the url for the app, this will direct to the login screen, to say that login is required. Login, and access the CRUD screens.
5) Logout. Access a CRUD List screen from the menu. This may show a cached screen, so refresh the page.
This directs to the login screen, but the RichFaces CSS skin is gone permanently.